"Our Secrets to Conquering Small To Medium-Sized Trout Streams"
Do you struggle fly fishing small to medium-sized trout streams or side channels & braids of larger rivers? Do you know how & where to focus your efforts & time?
Do you struggle with casting longer leaders - especially on small waters? How about positioning, approaching & fighting trout on these often bushy waters?
Have you found yourself in this position: you finally find rising trout during a mayfly hatch... only to take one cast and suddenly the water before you is a ghost town?
Do you scroll through social media channels and marvel & wonder how a few other anglers find incredible small streams and catch those gorgeous trout?
We hear you on all that. A few decades ago we felt exactly the same on these and so many other aspects of small stream fly fishing. Fast-forward to today and that's exactly what we're known for.
Dave's been fly fishing small trout streams since 1977, Amelia since 1996. We've been exploring, analyzing, dissecting & making discoveries, and perfecting how we fly fish small trout streams ever since.
OUR PURPOSE is to help you be consistently successful fly fishing these streams and to massively reduce the learning curve!
- Video Course 7hrs 48min.
"DAVE KNOWS AS MUCH ABOUT TROUT BEHAVIOUR AS ANYONE I KNOW"
SOLVING YOUR SMALL STREAM PROBLEMS
This Course Helps You Learn By:
- A full hour looking at fly casting on small streams. The rolling lift in cover; the cast & reach across; how to cast LONG leaders; and a full breakdown of the bow & arrow cast on long leaders - it ain't easy but we share how to maximize it!
- We give an in-depth look at the gear we use and explain why - we give our history and evolution of how we arrived at the gear we use including our theories & applications on flies.
- We deep-dive into how we find the trout streams that we do. Long asked for on social media, this is the place to find that information!
- An expanded deep-dive into not just understanding a trout's lateral line but knowing how and when to use it - this breakthrough can turn some of the toughest big brown trout into "gimmies".
- "DEVELOPING A MINDSET & A PLAN" is likely our most revolutionary concept share. We explain, in detail, that our plan for the day projects & envisions before we leave the house. Everything we do is consistently methodical. We share the details and executions of our actions.
- We discuss & share how we establish the best POSITION to fish from - what are the considerations? Part of our "PLAN" it takes a lot more thinking through than most would anticipate and it comes well before our approach.
- We then look at APPROACH and examine what it has to consider and factor in before we begin any movement to our casting position.
- We then discuss the HOOK SET and bring back some key considerations from points of the course leading up to the hook set. There are things we can do to increase our odds of getting a good hook set on large trout in small streams.
- And of course we look at HOW WE FIGHT big fish in small streams to net and how everything leading to this point is critical in developing consistent success. There is a reason Dave drops few trout once hooked up.
- All content is mobile accessible through the Kajabi app. This makes slow days on the water an opportunity to try something new by re-watching content as an idea-jogger!
- Video Course 7hrs 48min.
COMMUNITY FOCUS EVOLVING INTO THIS COURSE
We have literally helped & influenced tens of thousands of fly fishers. We began our Fly Fish Alberta guide company in 1996. We hosted the Fly Fish Alberta Forum for a decade ('97 to 2006). We then bought and published the Alberta Fishing Guide Magazine. Our social media channels have been rich, full of how-to content for our near 200K followers.
Our goal has always been consistent: to share, inspire, include and better fellow fly fishers. We've worked hard, starting from scratch, building up a life that allows us to fly fish 200+ days a year in our home province of Alberta, Canada, as well as spend 3 months a year in New Zealand fly fishing. We've fly fished western USA and Patagonia.
We've found that there is a consistency to success in fly fishing small trout streams everywhere. It doesn't matter how pressured a stream, how clear or tannic, fast or slow, what trout species are present... by developing the foundational skills, mindset, plan and execution of simple actions that we teach you in this course... success follows and continues on almost every trout stream you'll ever step into. Through the decades we've been asked 1000's of questions about various aspects of fly fishing small to medium-sized trout streams and this course answers them.
There's nobody more qualified nor experienced on small to medium trout streams to help you advance & succeed!
"I've read hundreds if not thousands of books and magazines about fly fishing and I still learn more watching you guys in 20 minutes than any book could ever teach me" - Martin Q
"Dave & Amelia have revolutionized how to fight & land big trout in small streams and I've completely changed how I fly fish!" - Rick B.
"So many times I have been on the water with rising fish and heard Dave's voice talking to me about poise, confidence and methodology. It has helped calm me and has led to so much success!" - Brian W
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF:
- You're eager to upgrade your fly fishing expertise and go from intermediate to advanced+ or even from beginner to intermediate (because you're a fast learner!)
- You want to consistently catch trout in all small stream situations without spending a ton of time & money on gas & guide trips trying to figure it out on your own.
- You want to learn from 2 of the top minds in the fly fishing industry.
- You want confidence in knowing that your questions will be answered thoroughly through evolving & additional course content.
- You' re ready to not just have random trout fishing success, but to apply mindful & deliberate tactics which will allow far more consistency in your fly fishing.
ADDITIONAL VALUES & BENEFITS
This course is your opportunity to see exactly how we fly fish small to medium-sized streams, tapping into our 60+ years experience and knowledge. It’s like spending a week with us in many different small stream situations and scenarios.
This course challenges the norms most fly fishers hold, from the gear and set up we use, how we formulate our mindset & plan, and developing and sticking to a methodical approach.
This is an evolving course and your questions and feedback will lead to future additions to its content! Questions and comments within the course community lead to far more in-depth conversations and discoveries for everyone.
"Without the concepts I learned in this course I never could have found and caught a gorgeous 22" brown on our family vacation out west!" - Glen H.
"I used to think all your videos from New Zealand were only applicable there. But when I watched your course it hit home that these tactics are applicable anywhere. When I embraced the concepts the browns on my home stream became less spooky!" - Stewart J.
"There is a lifetime of experience & knowledge in this course. I'm in awe of how simple each factor and consideration is, yet critically aware of the importance of each one." - Blake P.